This beautiful nearly 100 year old German Stradivari copy violin has been restored and sound improved by me using the old Italian method of sound development in stringed instruments ensuring that
- Top-plate: European spruce fine grain hand carved
- Back-plate European maple no flames had carved
- it has an even sound over all four strings
- speaks easy
- is warm and not piercing
- carries the sound far in the concert hall
This violin has been structurally well made and has no cracks. obviously after a hundred years of usage it has some wear & tear but no structural damage, no warped timbers. It has been set-up with the famous Ilja Grawert deluxe set-up to ensure easy play-ability.
- All violins have to have an even tone over all four strings.
- A violin has to have a carrying sound so it can be heard in the last row of the concert hall (please do not confuse with a loud tone)
- Violins have to speak easy under all conditions in all registers of all four strings.
- All violins should be well set-up and easy to play (the set-up of the violin)